I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award!
It’s been a great month and a half of sharing my recipes, insights, and stories with everyone. Thank you to all who pushed me to do this, everyone who supports me while writing and publishing these recipes, and everyone who reads & comments on them! I love reading through your comments and hearing your feedback.
Exciting news today to share, Sweet Basil Thyme has been nominated for a Liebster Award! This award recognizes and celebrates new bloggers who put time and effort into building amazing blogs, such as this one. Thank you to Simple. Honest. Essential. for the nomination! If you are thinking about or are interested in essential oils, living a healthier life, removing toxic chemicals from your daily life, or learning to DIY, make sure to follow her blog on Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram!
To be eligible for the award, the nominee must be an up and coming blogger with less than 200 followers (though hopefully not for long!). To accept the nomination, they must blog about the following:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you.
- Answer the 8 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 8-10 random facts about yourself and display the nomination.
- Nominate 5 blogs and notify them of the nomination. Give them 8 questions to answer.
So here it goes!
10 Interesting Facts about Amanda:
- My favorite vegetable is brussels sprouts, I will eat them in every way they are made. I just put them on my pizza.
- I’ve been to all 50 states and 10 countries abroad, soon to be more!
- My degree is in Sports Medicine/Athletic Training, but I’m currently transitioning to become a travel agent! I still am an athletic trainer on the weekends 🙂
- I am naturally bad at sports. I try really hard (it’s kind of embarrassing to be the only athletic trainer who suck at athletics) but I’m just not skilled in this department.
- I got kicked out of “beginning art” in college because I was so bad at art. If only that teacher could taste my cooking…
- I am a wanna be stay-at-home cat mom and possibly a crazy cat lady. My cat Shasta is one of my best friends, I swear.
- I love to hike and backpack around the Pacific Northwest (where I live). The views of a sunrise over Mt. Rainier are amazing.
- My favorite place in the world is Marquette, MI where I went to college. It’s called ‘God’s Country’ for a reason.
- My guilty pleasure is watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette every Monday. I was even in a Bachelor Fantasy Bracket this summer. Don’t judge me.
- Taco Bell is my favorite food after a night out. I know it’s terrible, but’s terribly good.
8 Questions assigned from Simple. Honest. Essential.:
- Where do you find your inspiration?
Most of my recipe inspiration comes from Pinterest! I find pictures (yes, pictures) that look tasty and I make something up that looks similar and tastes great (most of the time). Occasionally I’ll actually follow a recipe, but never to-the-tee. I always sub something here or there.
- Which blog post are you most proud of (link)? Why?
I would say my “What do I mean by Healthy-ish” post. There are so many articles, blog posts, Instagram pictures, ect that promote “the best way” to live a healthy life. It’s annoying and overwhelming! I want my readers to know that health is relative and every one has different standards, needs, and ways of achieving “prime health”. I think we all agree that eating McDonald’s every day is unhealthy, but do we need to drink celery juice every morning to be healthy? Maybe for a few people! But not everyone.
Also quite proud of my food photography on “Honey Almond Fig Tart”. I love this photo.
- Why did you start this blog?
Because people asked me to! And I thought it would be a fun side project. It’s definitely more work than I thought, but so much fun!
- If you could go back and give your younger self advice, what would you say?
Be more assertive! Don’t wait for things to come to you, go get them for yourself!
- If a movie were made about your life, would you want it to be fictional or biographical? Why?
Well, I’m not sure my life is interesting enough to be biographical, so I’d say “fictional, based on true events”! I really don’t know what it would be about though!
- Why are you excited to be nominated for this award?
It’s always nice to get your work noticed! I wasn’t sure how many people would read my blog and actually like it, so this is a nice pat on the back! And this is a great way to spread the love out for some other new bloggers.
- If you could walk in someone else’s shoes for a day, who would you choose? Why?
Ooo, tough question! I really can’t answer that. There are a ton of people who I look up to and admire, but I don’t have one role model or person I aspire to be. I guess any famous food blogger would be fun for a day, just to get the chance to cook fancy foods in nice (and always strangely clean) kitchens.
- How would you like your blog to grow and change in the next year?
I have so many projects, ideas, and goals for the next year! Some include:
- Building up my reader base and followers (obviously)
- Promote on more platforms such as Facebook and YouTube
- Have guest bloggers and guest blog on other blogs
- Build a larger network of bloggers to help me
- I’d love to monetize this blog, because who doesn’t love extra cash?
- And my biggest project: writing an eBook & eventually a hard copy recipe book on Date Night Recipes (including recipes that two people can cook together, alcohol pairing suggestions, and date night activities!)
The Liebster Award nominees are charged with paying it forward and nominating five up and coming bloggers. It is our honor to announce the next five nominees:
This is a blog for those 20 something year old girls (like myself) who feel 37 as detailed in this post: https://dailylifeofdenley.com/2017/08/08/im-feelin-not-22/
Stuck at work and need some wanderlust? Check out Tini’s beautiful page with gorgeous pictures and honestly recommendations. I can’t wait to virtually travel the world with her!
Jenny’s got it all for you! Lifestyle? Parenting? Home décor? Food & Drink? Travel? Fashion & Beauty? All on a neatly organize page with beautiful media to get you inspired for whatever you want to do next.
Josh & Kristyn (and Hennessey, their dog) live just up the road from me in Marysville, WA. Their blog is full of fun articles about life in the Pacific Northwest, which is great to read as a local.
A beautifully crafted website with inspiration for books and recipes for fun drinks, I definitely have blogger envy on this site! Check out her October 12th post on How to Find the Good in Everyday.
Congrats if you have been nominated! If you choose to accept, answer these 8 questions in your blog post:
- What’s your biggest fear when it comes to blogging?
- What’s the earliest memory you have as a child?
- When are you most inspired and motivated to blog?
- Do you have a favorite quote or words to live by?
- How did you pick your blog’s name?
- What’s your favorite Netflix show?
- Plane, trains, or automobiles for travel?
- If you could only eat one cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Thanks for reading and being apart of this fun & social event! Drop a comment below if you’d like!