Two Buck Chuck Mulled Wine
Raise your hand if you are a Trader Joe’s fan!
Me too. Even if I have to contemplate murdering someone in the parking lot every time I go. Don’t know what I mean? You must be one of the very few people that has a Trader Joe’s with enough parking! Every Trader Joe’s here in Seattle (that I’ve been to) has the worst parking lots. Two are in parking garages with blind corners and spaces built for Fiats but filled with Mom Vans and Subarus, and the one closest to me now shares the parking lot with 20 other stores and restaurants and is always filled to capacity with people who don’t seem to know how to operate a car. To read more about how I’m not alone in this, check out this page for a good laugh!
Anyways, back to all the great parts of Trader Joe’s:
- They have amazing pre-made meals and snacks for every diet. Their vegan enchiladas are my go to freezer meal (and only $2.50!), their pre-made falafels are perfect for sticking in my lunch bowls, and their frozen vegetable stir fry actually tastes fresh when you cook it!
- Their meats are usually significantly cheaper than the grocery store next door. I use their ground turkey for a lot of recipes! Check out my TJ’s Chicken Tortilla Soup for some inspiration on how to eat at Trader Joe’s for cheap.
- Their produce is always good and cheaper than the grocery store next door too.
- They have many dairy free items for cheap, which is so great for me personally.
- And best of all, they have wine for $3.
This three dollar wine is referred to as “Two Buck Chuck” due to the fact that it used to be $2 and it’s real name is Charles Shaw Winery. (I believe it still is $2 in some states, but everything is more expensive in Washington.)
Is this wine the best wine around?
Nope. But it’s wine for $3. It’s perfect for sangria, cooking with, this mulled wine recipe, and even for a cheap date.