Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook Time 10 Minutes
Servings 6 Donuts
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp. Guar Gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Poppy Seed
- 1/4 cup Sweetener of choice (I used agave)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Lemon the zest and the juice!
- 1/4 cup Butter (or butter substitute)
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a donut pan. These can also be made in muffin tins!
- Mix almond flour, guar gum, baking powder, baking soda, and poppy seeds.
- Mix the melted coconut oil, egg, sweetener, coconut milk, and lemon juice. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix some more!
- Fill the donut pan up, cook at 350 for about 12 minutes- until lightly browned. Pull out and immediately transfer to a cooling rack or dish.
- While the doughnuts are cooling, make the butter frosting. Soften the butter (or butter substitute) and mix with the vanilla extract. Pour into a Ziploc bag and snip the corner off to create a makeshift pastry bag.
- Once the donuts are cooled, pour the frosting on top and finish it off with lemon zest over the frosting!